Submissions for our 50th anniversary issue of Red Cedar Review are now closed. Thank you to all our readers and especially to all those who have submitted. Keep updated the issue’s progress by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
Click the Archive tab to view and download all of our available old issues.
Check it out by clicking on our Current Issue tab.
We have also posted a call for submissions on NewPages.com!!!! Share the link with your friends, and make sure to send in your work!!!!
Red Cedar Review, Michigan State University’s literary digest since 1963, is the longest-running undergraduate-managed publication in the United States. We now exclusively feature the work of the best undergraduate writers and artists across the nation.
Our reading period is now open!!!!!!! We welcome submissions of:
ART: photography and electronic images of original paintings, drawings, sketches, sculpture, collages, textiles, woodcuts, prints, comics, cartoons, etc.
LITERATURE: poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, storyboards, comic/graphic narratives, flash fiction, plays, cross-genre innovations, etc.
• All manuscripts and artwork must be submitted by Tuesday, October 1, 2013. Submissions received after this time period will not be reviewed or returned.
• We only accept electronic submissions at this time. You may either email your submission(s) to email@example.com, indicating the title and genre of each piece in the subject line, or visit us at redcedarreview.com and use the electronic submission form under the Submit Work tab.
• Please include a cover letter with your name, address, email, phone number, school, program and expected graduation date, and the title of each piece. Please title each piece individually as well.
• All submissions must be typed.
• Prose submissions must be double-spaced.
• 20-page limit for all genres
• All art submissions must be a photograph, photocopy, or other copy reproduction of the piece. No submissions will be returned, so please do not send artwork originals.
Red Cedar Review only accepts art or literary submissions from undergraduate students currently enrolled in the United States. We do not accept submissions from non-students or alumni; submissions from Michigan State University students are limited to contests. All art or literature submitted for publication in Red Cedar Review must be original work not previously published and not currently under consideration by any other publication.
If you have any questions, please visit us at www.redcedarreview.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then you’re in luck! Figment is one of the best places on the web that you can creatively share your works. It’s free and very easy to work with. You can also find them on Facebook too. It’s a great way to collaborate with other writers on the web, which will help everyone become stronger writers. Enjoy!